I totally understand if someone wants to tell me to STFU by now… I’m on an unprecedented roll of productivity that has held out for nearly two weeks. My energy levels are still high and I’m still feeling good.
As part of this roll, I dug out the basket blocks top from the Stitch ‘n’ Bitch BOM from 2010.
It’s been a while since I looked at it. Urgh. Okay, longer than a little while. I last touched this top on 12/07/2010.
I’m a lot ashamed.
Somehow, I thought it was a lot bigger than it actually is. I’d estimate it to measure about 64″ X 64″. In my mind, it was somehow at least 80″ X 80″. At its actual size, it’ll make a nice lap quilt, though I think I’d prefer it to become a wall hanging, with all the white in it.
I’m still happy with it, though I wish I’d taken a little more care in piecing here and there. No matter – I’d rather just get it done. Picking it apart to fix mistakes that are at least a year old just isn’t happening.
I pieced the backing this afternoon, using some yardage that I’d purchased specifically for this top. Realizing that I’d have to splice some yardage together, I decided to throw in the remaining half yard of a green print that was leftover from this top and my double wedding ring cutting. I wanted to avoid a seam right down the middle of the backing.
I have to figure out how to quilt it yet… I spent some time today debating designs. Nothing has made me want to commit yet, though I know that I need to do a lot of outline stitching. I’ll get that much started, at least, and decide on more decorative designs this week.