Yesterday, I was able to join Sandi at her house to sew – Grandma felt up to trying a day of watching kiddo. It was very nice to spend some unbroken time with the sewing machine!
While I was there, I managed to get another row of the Farmer’s Wife Sampler put together. The blocks were done, but I needed to sew on the setting triangles and strips, then trim them down. I wasn’t able to sew the new row onto the quilt top until I got home, but I got a photo of the quilt top in its current state after we closed up shop at the mall today:
I need to iron it still, but I’m not worrying about that yet.
Tonight, while hubby and friends watched the WWE pay-per-view, I got a couple of Farmer’s Wife blocks re-made:
As I go through these and do the re-makes, it’s more and more clear that I really lean toward the clear tones of colors. The more ‘muddy’ a print is, the less likely I am to really like it. It’s also fun to see how much doing this sampler has pushed my piecing skills. I’m far more accurate now than I was when I started this project.
Also fairly cool for me, I re-made these blocks from the scraps I cut down over this past week, so scrap management is working for me. At least a little.
I decided on three more blocks that need re-doing. No big surprise there. I handle these blocks and just need to re-work some as i look at them. They’re either not in the colors that I would like, or they’re not up to my piecing standards.
Now, I’ve got to put the kiddo down to bed. After that, I’m going to attempt to do a couple more re-makes before I have to hit the hay myself, to get through work all right tomorrow.