I did a lot of sewing this month. Like, a crazy amount of sewing this month. My sewing mojo came back and made it clear that it was the boss around these parts.
Softies and doll clothes were a minor obsession… I’m pretty sure I’m going ahead with that Etsy shop. Of course, I’ve made this decision without sufficient time to prep for the holiday season, but that’s okay. I’ll take some time to build up some stock before launching the shop.
I made two more softies toward the end of October, leading into November. Both were learning experiences, and I’ll be revising my construction methods to accommodate my desire for more fully stuffed limbs. I successfully figured out following the patterns for the softie pajamas and dress, making two sets of PJs and one dress. From there, I moved onto make five pairs of shorts from reclaimed denim fabric, from jeans that were destined to exit the house in the garbage. I got four pairs of gray shorts, and one pair of blue shorts. I also drafted my own pattern for a-line skirts to fit these softies. I was super excited to see that they came out exactly as I’d envisioned, which was a tremendous confidence boost. I got two gray skirts and one blue skirt from those same old jeans, and used fabrics from my quilting scraps to create the ruffled trim.
1. Swoon 10, 2. Granny Block Bee 35, 3. Granny Block Bee 36, 4. Granny Block Bee 37, 5. Granny Block Bee 38, 6. Swoon 11, 7. Swoon 12, 8. Swoon 13, 9. Swoon 14, 10. Swoon 15, 11. Swoon 16, 12. Swoon Top, 13. Feather 01, 14. Feather Halves, 15. Windmill 01, 16. Windmill 02, 17. Origami Star 01, 18. Origami Star 02, 19. Granny Block Bee 39, 20. Granny Block Bee 40
Quilt blocks were dominated this month. I finished up the last of the sixteen blocks I needed for my Swoon top, then sashed the blocks and finished the top. I got caught up on all of my swap blocks. I just have to package them to go out, and then I don’t have to worry. I’m completely caught up in the Granny Block Bee swap, and have worked ahead in the Fat Stash Bee.
I’m in round 14 of the Doll Quilt Swap, and am deciding on an idea for my swap partner. I think I’ve got it pinned down – I just need to draw it up in EQ7, and see if it works digitally the way it does in my head. From there, it’ll be an easy transition into fabric.