Once again, I let myself get behind on the 365 Challenge Quilt Sampler blocks. By almost a month.
I really need to not do that again.
I spent this weekend catching up on twenty-four blocks. Tonight, I re-made one and did the block for the day.
65. North Wind, 66. Flower Basket, 67. Spool And Bobbin, 68. Art Square, 69. Spinner,
70. March Basket, 71. Pinwheel Star, 72. Attic Window, 73. Diversion Quilt, 74. Shadow Box, 75. Lattice Square, 76. Lucky Clover, 77. Mosaic, 78. Sarah’s Favorite, 79. Autumn Flurries, 80. Log Cabin, 81. Courthouse Steps, 82. Pineapple Plant, 83. Snails Trail,
84. Crown Of Thorns, 85. Crosses And Losses, 86. Easter Morning, 87. Twist,
88. Friendship Star, 89. Eccentric Star, 03. Bonus: Easter Lily
I have to admit, I decided not to traditionally piece quite a few of this particular batch of blocks, like Log Cabin, Courthouse Steps, Pineapple Plant, and Pinwheel Star. I felt like I’d end up with more accurate results, and it took the headache out of them for me.
I will say I’d really like to not have to any blocks with miters in them for a while. And I still hate basket blocks with a fiery burning passion. I’m also very glad that we should be getting to do 6″ blocks with more regularity.
So, having made all those blocks, I was compelled to put them all together, just to get an idea of where I’m heading.
When it comes time to assemble the 3″ blocks into their inner border, I will have to make sure to scatter those pops of color. I will also possibly need to re-make more blocks, in order to add more color. So far, though, the 3″ blocks I have now should work well.
Oh, and I cut 1.75 yards from stash, to supplement the dwindling supply of black and grey scrap I have. These blocks would have probably used up quite a bit more yardage, if I hadn’t wanted to work from scraps as much as possible.